Dr. Manishika Jain explains Air Quality Modelling: Gaussian Plume Model
• Steady-state conditions - rate of emission from the point source is constant.
• Homogeneous flow - wind speed is constant both in time and with height (wind direction shear is not considered).
• Pollutant is conservative and no gravity fallout.
• Perfect reflection of the plume at the underlying surface, i.e. no ground absorption.
• The turbulent diffusion in the x-direction is neglected relative to advection in the transport direction, which implies that the model should be applied for average wind speeds of more than 1 m/s (less than 1 m/s).
• The coordinate system is directed with its x-axis into the direction of the flow, and the v (lateral) and w (vertical) components of the time averaged wind vector are set to zero.
• The terrain underlying the plume is flat
• All variables are ensemble averaged, which implies long-term averaging with stationary conditions.
Examrace is number 1 education portal for competitive and scholastic exam like UPSC, NET, SSC, Bank PO, IBPS, NEET, AIIMS, JEE and more. We provide free study material, exam & sample papers, information on deadlines, exam format etc. Our vision is to provide preparation resources to each and every student even in distant corders of the globe.
Dr. Manishika Jain served as visiting professor at Gujarat University. Earlier she was serving in the Planning Department, City of Hillsboro, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA with focus on application of GIS for Downtown Development and Renewal. She completed her fellowship in Community-focused Urban Development from Colorado State University, Colorado, USA.
Thank you for taking the time out and making a video on it. Can't wait for next one on Time dependent models. This video will be of great help, even though I went through tons of powerpoint slides, I couldn't fully understand those slides. I needed the crisp, to the point video. :)
Vitale Family Law offers North Carolinians the opportunity to resolve family law challenges in a personalized, effective manner. No one wants to waste time or energy on futile efforts. Working with experienced attorneys inspires confidence and helps move cases toward resolution. Lawyers at the firm have prepared diligently to meet the needs of clients facing some of life’s most difficult transitions, including divorce and child custody disputes. Schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation with an experienced, well-recognized Raleigh law firm.