Samsung Galaxy S9 vs S9 Plus Full Comparison including hands-on Size, Design, Camera, Battery & Price
►►► Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon
SUBSCRIBE for more ►►► https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSafTV?sub_confirmation=1
The Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ feature a 5.8" & 6.2" Super AMOLED Display with a QHD+ 18.5:9 ratio, 12MP rear camera with dual-aperture AF, 8MP Selfie Camera with AF, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810, 3000mAh & 3500mAh batteries, Iris Scanner, Facial recognition, Fingerprint scanner, Intelligent Scan AR Emoji and Samsung Bixby AI assistant
Snapdragon 845 Benchmarks by Danny: https://youtu.be/bVpJao7vg6c
Help support the channel when shopping on Amazon:
Follow SuperSaf on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/SuperSaf
Instagram - http://instagram.com/SuperSaf
Snapchat - https://www.snapchat.com/add/SuperSafTV
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SuperSaf
GooglePlus - http://www.google.com/+SuperSaf
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/SuperSaf
Thanks for the great video. I love your videos and find them very informative. I have a Galaxy Note 8 and I love it a lot but since I have small hands so I find it uncomfortable to use. I am planning to opt for S9 as I feel it is a suitable and handy size for me. I feel that round edges are also more comfortable for the palms to hold. I was an iPhone user for 5 yesrs but switched to Android with Note 8. I dont know why I make so many mistakes on my Note 8 while typing and hardly any mistake on the iPhone. I feel.perhaps the size is not suitable for me or may be the iOS keyboard is better. What is your opinion on that?
Regards from Pakistan :-)
Hey mate great vid!!! Just one request or critical thing is to raise the volume higher. I have u full blast on my Samsang s2 Tablet and Samsung headphones and I would make it louder if I could but its all the way up. Other than that really great advice man!!! :)
I nearly got the note 8 myself beautiful phone don't mind the camera setup. I have had the note 1 then the note 5 love the note 5. But decided to try an s model for once as I very rarely use the spen even though I think the spen is great. So the 9 plus is my first s phone and love it
howdy, love the channel. new sub.
Its all about the camera and video for me, I'm a sony nerd. loved the Z5 Compact but sadly its died, torn on weather to get a ZX1 for price or go for the Samsung 9 or 9+
Is it worth the extra money just for my tiny youtube channel and a few family photos?
You opinons always seem fair.
No upgrades for me until they put the flat screen back with 90 degree corners rather than these stupid curved edges (worthless), and rounded corners. My Note 5 is still amazing compared to the curved crap out there.
Tony that's what I want to know is it worth the extra money for down payment with T-Mobile? I can get the regular s9 with 0 down payment, but for the s9 plus it's 120 for down payment. If it's really that worth it I'll pay the extra, but then again I don't take pictures everyday or record videos. Lol!
a big indian fan. I have been following your channel for quiet long and was really excited to see that you had a clone of galaxy s9 in one of your videos. I wanted to request you to make a exclusive video on the galaxy s9 hands on because I am looking forward to buy this phone and want to know your comments in your style. pls reply to confirm because I am waiting eagerly.
a big fan
Coral blue s9 plus all the way, no brainer, kind of a bummer though that the 64gb version of the phone is only available in the United States, wish we would have the 128gb version available instead, 64gb doesn't cut it anymore nowadays
i love the the security; camera & super slow motion features...not going to enjoy the selfie-emogi feature.
& i absolutely love the fact they did not take away the ear phone & it was upgraded, not to mention that the finger scanner is right where it should always be.
now after all that was said, i can not wait to get all of these features in the Galaxy Note 9 when it is released...it is what my heart is set on. thank you for showing me what's to come...hopefully.
I was struggling choosing between the V30 & the Note 8 last year, regarding price, camera, etc, & what made me prefere the V30 was the manual controls on the camera & mostly the quad DAC. I mean, put the quad DAC on a Galaxy S>7 or Note>7, I take it no discussion!
What happenned was the V30 was still 1 of the phones which was hard to have unlockable Bootloaders then Root, with Samy things tend to get better since it's the mainstream brand in the Android world, so it happens to get better support, so there are more hackers trying to find a way to go through when things get harder than expected...
I hope the S9 & S9+ will be part of those we can get our geek hand on.
Well, I got the V20 for the quad DAC since it was much cheaper than the V30 (was waiting for a price drop but didn't happen yet), & a decent camera, which happenned to be not great at all finally (refurbished, so I expect the camera to have been exchanged for a different & inferior one, or x else deterioring the outcome...), but I have my S6 on the back, which surprisingly shows itself as a better camera performer in almost every manner, + better screen even though smaller... Ok.
I just mean I don't really care about my LG V20 in any aspect except the quad DAC, so now I'm still looking for an upgrade in every way from my S6, mainly in the camera department, & I think now the S9 & S9+ appear like a very solid upgrade. There is no compromise with any concurrent:
- stereo speakers (even though not the best, still superior by category to any mono
- best screen (may be the iPhone X is better in some aspect as white accuracy)
- headphone Jack (I mean, still!) (no quad DAC again, but still a decent one I guess, Samsung has improved it since the S8, before it was kinf of desappointing; I don't care I already have the V20 quad DAC anyway...)
- better fingerprint scanner placement than S8 S8+ (I feel like in some situations it's still superior to the other ways, & to go further I believe it's a better choice for battery life, instead of having the camera scanning h24... details I know), & I know I'll use it
- In term of internal specs, it's top nuch in every way, no need to explain...
- expandable storage, still great
- IP68, while having great speakers, what else? ( -> removable battery on top of all that... haha, who's still desperatly waiting for it... They have no interest, too expansive to manufacture, not very possible with nice glass back cover, too low fraction of consumers uses it...)
- Fast, Wireless charging: might be gimmick in a way, but I found a good reason for the wl charger I bought, which is practicity to have nothing else to do than posing, then grabing it, & that's it; + importantly, on the long term perspective, saving some usages of the USB port, that has a mecanical limit of plugs. Wide limit, but still, I makes a difference if you plan to keep your device +2years. less chances to be broken by accident, etc...
- Finally, the camera, which has finally been updated. The S8 S8+ & Note 8 felt like some barely S7 upgrades, but the base was the same, same sensor, apperture, etc. I was waiting for some + substancial changes, considering the limits of the S7 camera (not that big, it's still one of the most reliable, performant, solid stuff). Here I feel like a real move is taken, very curious to see what is coming with all the camera reviews that will inevitably come on Ytb :)
- Bonus point, nonetheless a very key point: the price. As we all know, Apple prices are kinda stable & remaining in time, while other brands, especially Samy, tend to drop down very quickly. Here, I'll be waiting for deeper reviews of course to unsure it's my next device, & wait for a drop, which will make it + interesting than the V30 & every other 2017 devices I had an interest for, in every way.
That's my view, I know it may not have any value for much ppl, I still posted it here. My Supersaf present :D
I didn't mention the Pixel 2XL, & some other key points regarding the camera: even though the Pixel 2XL seems superior with great HDR+ & a good single sensor, it tends to overprocess the pictures in low light especially, & I think we can obtain some better pictures with other devices, notably with manual controls (long exposure...).
The biggest downside of the Pixels' camera, is the dreadful lack of manual mode, limiting what we can get out of the sensor. Morepver, with other Android devices (V30, Note 8, S8), we can use the Google camera for HDR capabilities, & get the same (closer) benefits we have with the Pixel, then get awesome results.
1 thing I've never heard of, since I don't have the device & I saw nobody talking about it, is using the Pixel with a camera app having manual controls, like Open Camera (probably the best free 3rd party cam app). May be it's killer.
The other self-killing point, is the audio recording: while the V30 rocks with it, the Galaxy >S6 are all decent on this area, while the Pixel is just... Indefensible Trash. I feel like my camera should be at least good in every department, & audio is specificly important to me. Not to everyone of course, so the choice/preference remains subjective.
Finally, lack of OIS, even though the EIS is outstanding as such; I still prefere a great OIS & eventually good EIS, & actually here only Apple is doing a superior job if we consider every type of situations (sometimes EIS on the Pixel simply can't work due to software limits to decode & correct fast moves for expl...).
Well, it's just my opinion in the end, adding the price criteria, where the Pixel isn't a friend.
Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ price, specifications. The Samsung Galaxy S9 price starts at $719.99 (roughly Rs. 46,600) in the US, while the Samsung Galaxy S9+ will be available at $839.99 (roughly Rs. 54,400). Samsung will likely launch this phone in India by March given that pre-bookings are open.