Google's secret Area 120 Labs has released a new beta app called "Reply" that supposedly brings the Smart Reply features from Allo to other messaging platforms. When you receive a message from a supported messaging or social platform, it either provides contextually aware responses based on your location, whether or not you're traveling, or the message itself. In other situations, it provides an automated response based on your settings. We take a quick hands-on with Google Reply Beta and see how useful Smart Replies actually are and get an idea for where Google is heading with its messaging platforms.
- Download Reply from APKmirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/reply/
- Read More about Reply: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/02/20/hands-googles-reply-gives-apps-concise-smart-replies-isnt-throwing-shade/
- Smart Replies Comes To Project Fi Customers: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01/24/project-fi-gets-smart-replies-via-android-messages-app/
- Smart Replies in Gmail: https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/05/17/google-rolling-smart-reply-gmail/
- A History of Google Allo: https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/09/21/year-day-short-history-googles-allo/
Want to sponsor the next Android Police video? Get in touch: email@example.com.
▶ Circle us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+AndroidPolice
▶ Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/AndroidPolice
▶ Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/AndroidPolice
▶ Subscribe to the RSS feed at http://www.androidpolice.com/feed
Hi, this app was working on my Xiaomi Mi 6 under Android 7.1.1 but it's not working anymore under Android 8, it can see my notification as long as it's still showing the Reply icon instead of my WhatsApp Icon in the notification tray but it doesn't suggest any answer, do you have any solution ? Thanks
Google doesn’t support or improve old apps. It’s always a dumb idea to create a new app for every new idea. Why not embed these into existing apps as new futures. The list of deprecated apps keeps growing.
Sir I am not getting notification dot on the app which has received notification rather I get notification dot on 'reply' app itself. Currently running on Android Oreo. If you have any solution please reply. Thanks.
It seems pointless to me that Google keeps developing new partial apps... It's like having a lot of remote controls for your TV... Just master combining Allo with SMS, Duo and this with each other instead of giving us more remote controls.... Hook us up with a universal all-in-one remote.
You have to make the apps first. They may be putting them out before they're even ready in order to see what people want from each app before they release the final product. We've seen this with Google's payment apps.
You didn't hear this from me, though.